Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bigbang Alive tour in Fukuoka Japan 2012

lo-and-behold!! the fabled ticket!!
Wellll, Got my tickets to another bigbang concert and this time it was in Fukuoka, Japan on the 24th of June.This brings my total BIGBANG concert count to 5!! I got my tickets using my Japanese VIP membership card. I applied to all the drawings, of all of the concerts and only managed to get one ticket. Although I can't complain because it was nearby and I got the VIP TICKET!!!! I paid at the local 7/11 and early June got my ticket in the mail. This cost me around $200USD. Usually I got a paper ticket but this time I got an awesome plastic card with my picture on i,t with the date and venue name. This ticket draw was the first time I had to send my picture in with the application for the tickets. You could use this as the actual ticket and on  the back was a QR code that on the day of the concert you could scan to get your actual seat number. Yes, that's right, I didn't know my seat number until the day of the concert. Also important to note is VIP tickets are only sold in 1's and it has to be the person who was in the photo you included on application.(meaning no one but me can use my ticket.)
I live in Miyazaki Japan and decided to fly to Fukuoka. Took and early flight and took random buses until I arrived at the venue on a Saturday. This concert was at Marine Messe and I headed straight for the goods line. For first time fans, goods refers to all the merchandise sold for the concert. They are highly sought after and require hours of waiting in line. It was around 10:00am and there were already two lines formed. This is where I found the gloriousness that was the VIP GOODS LINE!!!! The last four concerts I suffered in line for up to five hours only to find out all the best things were sold out before I got there T-T.
The VIP goods line was around 30 people and the regular line was well into the hundreds. Well lets just say I made a mistake and as I was standing there I noticed the line had a time, it said 1:30!!!! I had to wait in line for 3.5hours and I don't regret it at all. I managed to get all the things I wanted for the first time ever. When I left the line the time of the line was six hours. SIX HOURS!!! When I got out of the picture line everthing was sold out and there were still people in line that got turned down. Okay goods, there were alot of things to choose from but I got the bag, hoodie, pins, chips, hair ties, cd, and giant fan towel. The towel was only for fan club members and you had to wait in a seperate line.(more time in lines) For every $50 you spent you got free cell phone charms. It seemed the everyone wanted the towel  and the hair ties because they were cute. Also near the goods was the giant bigbang truck.It had super smexy pictures on it and everyone was fighting over getting pics with it. I managed to run over right after getting goods so I could get a pic with no one in it.(see top picture) IMPORTANT!! Okay, so I waited in line forever for the goods line to open and when it did, they scanned my ticket/cards and told me I could only buy goods on the day my concert was scheduled and basically told me to come back tomorrow. I was freaking out because I just sat there waiting and none of the signs said anything about this. I tried to argue but they weren't having it and told me to go. Luckily my new friends in line said they would buy the goods for me and give them to me outside the line. ^_^ I tried to offer them money to buy it,but they bought all of it on good faith and I paid them outside. People in Japan are so trusting and kind I couldn't thank them enough!!
Well after that I hopped in another line and quickly got the fan towel. Then there was a line for Jeju airlines which BIGBANG is sponsoring at the moment. You could take pics and get lots of free stuff. I figured since I was there why not.
me and a new friend
The concert was on Sunday and the doors opened at 3:00pm which was a bit early. When the concert ended it was still light outside. The line for the regular tickets was crazy long but the VIP ticket came with another perk, a special entrance. When you go in, there were people in fancy outfits handing out small vip bags wearing white gloves. It was  bit funny and I could go straight to my seat. They also scanned the card and gave me my seat number. My seat was on the right side in the fifth row from the front!!!!! I also had an isle seat. It was an amazing seat and the women in front of me handed out flyers to hold up for the 3rd anniversay of VIP in Japan.
yatta!! special entrance
my seat number.
Soooooo, now for the concert. It started on time and was actually a little bit better than Bigshow in Korea. Dare I say it, it was really, really, good!! The song list was enormous, I tried to find the list for Fukuoka but to no avail. Once I find it I will post it. The concert opened like the korean one with the video intro and them coming out in cryo pod things follow by a slightly cheesey opening video. Strangely its in english and was subbed in japanese. During bigshow it was subbed in korean.
1. Alive Intro
2. Tonight
3. Hands Up
4. Fantastic Baby
5. How Gee
6. Stupid Liar
Then they went straight into songs. The first six songs were the same as other concerts. Fantastic baby had great atmosphere and eveyone was freaking out. They sang How gee but I got the feeling not many of the Japanese fans knew alot of the words to this song.
First things to notice:
1. gd's hair: his hair was white!! Whiter than even Daesung's.
2. TOP: His hair was jet black and looked freshly dyed.
3. VI: His Japanese has gotten soooo good.
4. Daesung: His hair is slowly changing back and he still won't take his shirt off at concerts -_-
5.Taeyang: still spicy as ever, still doesn't like wearing clothing.

crown, my sign, and my vip present!
After was a short talk while gd and top got ready for their solos. The three left on stage can all speak Japanese pretty well so they were having fun and taking turns trying to pronounce Fukuoka.              fuh-ku-oh-kah!!! Seungri also jokingly chastised the audience for liking g-dragon too much. He said in a poll d-dragon was the most popular in Fukoka and that girls were always screaming ji-on!!! and ignoring the other members. This was also BIGBANG's first time in Fukuoka. They also used some local dialect and did some chants.
7. Ppeokigayo
8. High High
9. Strong Baby
10. What Can I Do
11. Gara Gara Go
12. Number 1
13. Cafe
Then gd&top came out for a really cool remix of ppeokigayo. They were dressed far more casually then I've seen them for their promotions and as usual they got the crowd jumping. Vi came out  and sang wearing his army outfit and had a lazer gun. He was really charismatic and each time I see him perform he gets better and better. Gara Gara Go is one of my favorite Japanese bigbang songs so it was really cool to be able to perfectly sing along with it because I learned the Japanese lyrics. They ended this section with Cafe where they were on the main stage and Gd ended it with an awesome falsetto note.

14. Bad Boy
15. Blue
16. Ego
17. Love Song
18. Look Only At Me
19. Wedding Dress
20. Wings
21. Haru Haru
22. Monster(I think it was here)
23. Lie
24. Last Farewell

So I'm not completely sure because I can't find the song list, they then broke into blue and bad boy. Bad boy was the same as usual while blue was really neat. I had heard about project blue but this was my first time experiencing it. The VIP's in front of me had around 100 light sticks and were passing them out to whoever. Then everyone turned off their light crowns and held up the blue ones. Really cool effect. There was also fake snow(some kind of soap suds) that came from the ceiling. This was also the first time I heard them sing Ego live and I really enjoyed this song. They did a minor remix of it. They also had the Japanese on the screen above.Taeyang then came out for his solo and as usual was fantastic. He danced a little bit less serious than usual, but looked like he was having a great time. He was very energetic and ran across the stage like a mad man. Also while dancing like a boss he of course slowly removed all his clothes except his pants and shoes. He did an epic shirt tear off and threw it into the audience. This was the first time anyone threw anything into the audience.

back view of my seats.
Daesung came out for his solo wings and wore the wings and flew across the stadium. I'm always a bit sad he only sings one song but it was really cool to watch. The final song of this section was Monster which was awesome. Even though they didn't wear the costumes from the music video they had a really cool and original dance where taeyang was lifted into the air and the members pushed around their backup dancers. GD was particularily cool during his rap part.

special goods for VIP tickets, It scrolled bigbang across the screen

Talk Part
Next was free talk with all of them. This was quite funny as they began to mock each others dance style. Top even got in on the fun and was doing lots of cute gestures and was laying on the stage. He imitated VI's dancing and did a hilarious hip dance(butt dance) where he tried his dancing skills. They talked about Gd's upcoming new album in august and to support him. Gd and Top continuously tried to pull of Daesungs shirt to no avail. Everytime they tried Dae would whisper someting to them and the would stop. I'm guessing it was something like, I'm super sweaty so I not taking my shirt off. Marine Messe was extremely hot, this was the hottest concert venue I have ever been in.
 Seungri then told the audience that they would each take turns mcing the concert. First up was Top who was a bit flustered and tried his best and only managed things like, are you having fun? It's hot isn't it? Gd's turn was similar. I don't think they know alot of Japanese and he tried to say it in part English as well. Daesung, Taeyang, and VI were fine and held mini conversations and kept making jokes. They talked about their world tour and where they will be going using what I guess was a scripted talk because Top and Gd said quite a bit in difficult Japanese. Top forgot his half way though and Daesung could be seen behind him telling him what to say. It was super cute, Vi did the same for gd.

Next was the encore!
This was a super long encore!
25. Let Me Hear Your Voice (Encore)
26. Heaven (Encore)
27. Feeling
28.bad boy
29.fantastic baby
30.Banarama- Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye sang by the members
special VIP sign to hold up during the encore
The encore in Japan is not started with the words encore. The Japanese word for encore is on-co-ru, but for BIGBANG concerts we always start with singing my heaven in Japanese. I was super surprised when the mega-fan in front of me started the encore my heaven chant . The entire audience followed this women's cue to start singing! awesome! The re-sang bad boy and fantastic baby, and for the first time sang feeling during the encore. Then the fan service began. Another first was all the members going directly into the audience. Japanese concerts have chairs so it was unusual for them to just go running into the audience. It was madness. Giant balloons fell from the ceiling and everyone threw them. Taeyang of course gave away all of his clothing again. Vi threw his light up rings into the audience. Top had soaked his hair in water and was walking around giving high fives. Daesung was smiling, waving, and singing to random fans. Gd also poured water all over his hair and shook his wet hair onto the fans(a little gross)  Vi quickly grabbed the camera and filmed himself and gd in a really cute little video. You can check it out on youtube. The girl in front of me got taeyang's shirt and everyone was sooooo envious. The funniest thing was Top pointing at a fan in the front row during badboy and said 'you a good gir'l and then he hugged her. The fan was shocked and soooo happy. Top walked away laughing.
They quickly stopped the concert for a photo op. This was the third anniversary of VIP fan club in Japan. They wheeled out a huge cake and they joked that they would share it with the audience. Everyone took a giant picture with it and all of their back up dancers. The cake had pics of them in chibi form and was really cute.

quick pic before security came along


 As they finished the last song Vi started singing na na na na hey hey hey goodbye, and the live band started playing it as well. Gd started doing crazy rocker yelling and Daesung was hitting all the high notes. Vi was yelling random things in English, I think it was goodbye my friends. Taeyang did one final back flip and then it was all over.Below are random pics of goods and bigbang glory!! This was an amazing concert and if you have any questions please comment below!!!
Vip attire check.
fan from jeju air line
sweet seat! only one row in front of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment